How To Change Your Gamertag On The Xbox App
Whether it’s in your friends list, appearing online, or as the name of your Xbox Live account, you need to have a Gamertag. But what does it take to change your Gamertag on the Xbox app? Keep reading for information on how to switch up your gamertag and be ready for Xbox Live!
Why you should change your Gamertag on the xbox app
You should change your gamertag whenever you get a new Xbox. This is because the old username could be taken or spammed. Changing it will make sure that no one else can use it to harass you and other players in your friends list.
Changing your account name
If you would like to change your account name on the Xbox app, you will have to request a name change. Go to the Settings tab, then choose Profile. From there, click Change Gamertag and select the new gamertag that you want.
Length of time for a ban
The Xbox app stores personal information, so it is important to make sure that you change your gamertag if you are getting banned. If you do not change your gamertag, then you will continue to get banned for the same thing over and over again.
Avoiding console bans
In order to avoid a console ban, it’s important to note that changing your gamertag on the Xbox app will not modify the name on your actual account. You can still access everything you have by plugging in your original gamertag like before and using the new one for accessing other networks. However, if you want to keep the new gamertag as your main one, you will need to create a new account with the new name.
What to do when you forget your Gamertag
If you forget your gamertag or it has been changed, then you will need to contact Xbox Live customer support. They can help you with this process and get it back to you in a timely manner.
Android Gamertag Change on Xbox app
Disclaimer: It is not possible to change your gamertag using Android. But if you still want to change the gamertag using an Android device, you can do it either online or there are other ways too if you research them.
Read more about FalconTV here.
Change Xbox Gamertag Using Desktop
- Open a web browser and head to com.
- Sign in into your Xbox account.
- Once logged in, tap on your profile icon located at the top right of the screen. Then, click on Xbox Profile.
- Wait for the page to load completely. Now scroll down until you see Customise.
- Tap on it and then tap on the Pen icon beside your gamertag.
- You’ll see a new page where you get a chance to choose a new gamertag.
- Enter your choice of gamertag and click on Check Availability to see if the name is still available.
- Once satisfied with the new name, click on Claim it or Change gamertag.
Change Xbox Gamertag Using Windows 10 Xbox app
Follow these steps if you are changing gamertag using Xbox Windows’s app:
- Login to Xbox app on your Windows using associated login email and password.
- Now, choose your gamerpic from the leftmost corner of the home screen.
- Now select Customize > Change Gamertag.
- Type a new gamertag and select Check Availability.
- If available change it and if not enter a new one until you find an available choice.
Change Xbox Gamertag on Xbox One
Do you know you can change your Xbox Live Gamertag directly using your Xbox One console? Wondering how? Follow the steps below:
- Press the Guide button located in the middle of the Xbox controller.
- Select your picture located in the upper left corner of the screen and press A button.
- Head to My Profile > Customize.
- Select a Gamertag or create a new one of your own. The system will automatically check if the gamertag is available or not.
- Once available, select Claim it and you’re done.