House moving is stressful so what are the most important things to remember?
The first thing to remember when moving house is to make a list of all the things that need to be done. This will help you to stay organised and avoid forgetting anything important.
It is also important to give yourself plenty of time to pack everything up. Start packing a few weeks in advance and don’t leave it until the last minute. This will help to reduce the stress of packing everything up at the last minute.
When packing, be sure to label all of the boxes so you know what goes where in your new home. This will make unpacking much easier and quicker.
Finally, don’t forget to change your address with the post office and any other organisations you are a member of. This will ensure that you continue to receive mail and other important communications after you move.
Employ someone to help you pack or at least hire removal boxes and tape
1. Employing someone to help you pack is always a good idea when moving house as it can be a very time-consuming and stressful task. If you don’t have the time or money to do this, then at least make sure you hire removal boxes and tape. This will make packing much easier and will help to prevent any breakages.
2. It’s also important to notify all of the relevant organisations of your change of address. These include your bank, doctor, gas and electricity providers, and the DVLA. This will ensure that your bills are correctly sent to your new address and that you don’t miss any important appointments.
3. Make sure you pack a essentials box which includes everything you will need on your first day in your new home, such as toiletries, bedding, towels, and a change of clothes. This will make life much easier once you’ve moved in and will help to avoid any last-minute panics!
4. Finally, try to relax and enjoy the process! Moving house can be a very exciting time so make sure you take the time to enjoy it.
Remember to label everything really well as this makes unpacking a breeze
1. When you are packing up your belongings to move to your new home, be sure to label everything really well. This will make unpacking a breeze and you won’t have to spend hours trying to figure out which box contains what.
2. It’s also a good idea to make a list of everything that you need to pack up and take with you. This will help you stay organized and make sure that you don’t forget anything important.
3. Make sure to pack an essentials box that contains all the things you will need on your first day in your new home. This can include items like toiletries, towels, bedding, and clothes.
4. If you have any valuable or fragile items, be sure to pack them carefully so they don’t get damaged in transit. You may want to insure these items for extra protection.
5. Finally, don’t forget to change your address! You’ll need to notify the post office, as well as any businesses or organizations that you have accounts with.
Make sure your removal company is reliable
1. Make sure your removal company is reliable: There are a lot of things that can go wrong when you move house, and you don’t want your removal company to be one of them. Make sure you choose a company that is experienced and has a good reputation.
2. Pack your belongings carefully: This is especially important if you have fragile items. Wrap them up well and label them clearly so the removalists know how to handle them.
3. Change your address: Don’t forget to change your address with the relevant authorities, companies and organisations. This includes your bank, doctor, school, work, etc.
4. Clean the house: Once all your belongings are out of the house, give it a good clean so it’s ready for the new owners or tenants.
5. Say goodbye to your old home: Moving house can be emotional, so make sure you say goodbye to your old home in a way that feels right for you.
Try to picture the weather being dreadful – this will help to prepare for worst case scenario
1. When you’re packing for your move, try to picture the weather being really bad. This will help you to be prepared for worst case scenario. Make sure you pack plenty of warm clothes and blankets, just in case.
2. It’s also a good idea to pack a small bag with all the essentials you’ll need on your first day in your new home. This should include things like toiletries, a change of clothes, and any medications you take.
3. Don’t forget to change your address! You’ll need to notify the post office, as well as your bank, utility companies, and any other organisations you have accounts with.
4. Once you’re all moved in, take some time to explore your new neighbourhood. Get to know the local shops and services, and familiarise yourself with the area.
5. Finally, don’t forget to relax and enjoy your new home!
Pack a box full of immediate things you will need like the kettle
1. Pack a box full of immediate things you will need like the kettle, coffee, tea, sugar, milk etc. This will save you from having to unpack a lot of boxes when you first move in.
2. Make sure you have change for parking meters and tolls. Nothing is worse than getting to your new home and not being able to park!
3. If you have pets, make arrangements for them to be looked after on the day of the move. The last thing you want is to be trying to move house and look after pets at the same time!
4. If possible, try and move on a weekday when there is less traffic. This will make the journey to your new home much easier (and less stressful!)
5. Make sure you have all your important documents with you on the day of the move (passport, driving licence, birth certificate etc). This way you won’t have to worry about losing them during the move.
There you have it – the top 5 things to remember when moving house, but still always weight up the pros and cons of moving house before you take the plunge! By following these simple tips, you can help ensure that your move is as smooth and stress-free as possible. So what are you waiting for? Start packing!