IS IT TOUGH TO CURE ACNE?￼
Acne is a skin disease that can occur due to multiple causes. Some people get them when the pores are blocked with dead skin cells and sebum. On the other hand, some people get them due to bacterial infections. Pimples generally affect teenagers. The reason is fluctuating hormones. Nevertheless, anyone can have this skin condition. The signs and symptoms can be pimples, whiteheads, blackheads, and other forms of acne on the face, back, neck, chest, shoulders, or other body parts. Generally, these take place where sebaceous (oil) glands are present. Talk to a dermatologist for effective remedies for acne scars if you experience such signs and symptoms.
What results in causing pimples?
A single cause can be your culprit. In some cases, several causes can also be responsible for your condition. Zits take place when oil and dead skin cells block hair follicles under the skin surface. However, dermatologists believe that many factors may pave the way for this blockage, such as the following-
- Excess oil production (known as sebum)
- Bacteria that live in the skin
- Tiny hairs develop through the follicles
Is it possible to cure acne?
Various treatment options can help cure this skin condition. These remedies can be topical retinoids, benzoyl peroxide, antibiotics, Accutane®, and chemical peels. Nevertheless, the pimple treatment may rely upon the following-
- Your skin type
- The severity of your skin disease
- Your preferences
- The period you have had the problem
Treatments are based on your acne type and its severity, such as-
- Benzoyl peroxide or a topical retinoid can help if you have some blackheads and whiteheads.
- Oral antibiotics are effective in treating acne when it is severe.
- Experts suggest Accutane for acne scars if the pimples are severe and cause scars.
- A combination of Accutane and other medications can help the sufferer if the pimples are severe. Using treatments in a combination can assist in putting off the risk of scarring.
- When the blackheads and whiteheads are stubborn and cause bleeding, dermatologists may recommend a chemical peel or laser treatment to eliminate the upper layers of skin.
- A dermatologist specialized in scars treatment may assist in getting rid of acne, which has made their room in your skin for a long time and causes scars.
These treatment options are the most common types of pimple treatment. However, there are also other ways to treat your skin condition. You can discuss the most effective and suitable remedy for your skin condition with your doctor. He or she may assist in finding out the right option for you. However, it may take some time to try multiple remedies before identifying the most suitable solution for your problem.
You do not have to be embarrassed or suffer in silence due to your skin disease. Talk with your dermatologist or healthcare provider about the remedies. They will assist in getting rid of zits, clear the scars, and help regain your confidence.
What ingredients can help remove acne scars?
This medication fights the bacteria, which results in causing your skin disease. Benzoyl peroxide helps clear pores. Moreover, its exfoliating characteristics eliminate the dead skin cells clogged in the pores, which generally results in causing blackheads and whiteheads.
You can find benzoyl peroxide in multiple forms, including ointments, gels, creams, lotions, and pads.
What is the way to use this medication?
Benzoyl peroxide can bring successful results when you use it to dry skin with a cotton pad or swab. Remember not to get the medication washed away with water for at least one hour after using it on the skin. If this happens, the effectiveness of the gel or ointment (whatever you use) may get affected. In addition, you can apply the medication to the affected areas after washing them or taking a bath. It can bleach fabrics. For that reason, be careful while using the medicine while wearing dark-colored clothes. It is better to apply it with a white cotton ball or pad.
In addition, other things to keep in mind are as follows-
- If this acne treatment gets in your eyes, wash it with plenty of water immediately.
- Try using an oil-free moisturizer once or twice a day to impede dryness.
These medications can help unblock pores, ease off blackheads, whiteheads, and other types of pimples, and relieve acne scars. Additionally, they can also put off the risk of future flare-ups.
Topical retinoids are available only on prescription, as this medication is powerful and can lead to negative aftermaths if used in the wrong manner.
How do you use these ingredients for the best results?
Dermatologist prescribes people use a topical retinoid once a day at night. However, you can also use it more than once a day if required. Using an excessive amount of this product can irritate your skin. Therefore, follow instructions carefully while using this remedy.
Medications, such as clindamycin, erythromycin, and tetracycline, can assist relieve zits. They fight away the bacteria that lead to pimples. Moreover, antibodies can well-treat pus-filled pimples. These medications cannot go through the skin’s layers to reach the oil glands. Nevertheless, you can find antibiotics in various forms, including gels, creams, lotions, and oral pills.
How do these medicines work for acne scars?
Antibiotics relieve zits by fighting the bacteria linked with them. They also control the future flare-ups and unblock the current acne quicker than they would cure on their own.
What are the ways to use antibiotics?
Follow the steps given below for using these drugs for zits-
- Use the medicine as directed by your dermatologist or as mentioned on the product. Remember not to use extra medicine as it can cause antibiotic resistance with time. Ultimately, it can make your treatment harder.
- Do not let the drug enter your nose, eyes, genitals, mouth, or other parts of the affected skin. The medicine can irritate those areas.
- Wash your hands properly before and after using the antibiotic medication. This act will impede the transmission of the bacteria to other people and decrease the number of pimples on your skin.
- Start with using a small amount of the medicine on one or two pimples. Further, you can increase the amount by consulting with your doctor. This act can avoid allergic reactions.
How do you use an oral antibiotic for acne scars?
In some cases, doctors recommend using an oral antibiotic. You should use the medication as your doctor directs or as mentioned on the medicine label.
Swallow the pill with water. However, know that antibiotics bring the most effective results when you take them on an empty stomach, preferably 1 hour before or 2 hours after meals. Do not discontinue the treatment suddenly, as it can elevate the threat of future infection. Moreover, it may become resistant to antibiotic medication.
What should you do if you use lotion, topical cream, or gel?
If your dermatologist prescribes you a topical cream, lotion, or gel, use the form (gel or lotion) once a day at night for around 15 days. Afterward, you can use it two times a day regularly or as instructed by your dermatologist. Keep water away from the damaged body part for at least 60 minutes after using the medicine. This act can help prevent skin irritation.
This remedy can help if you have severe blackheads or whiteheads. Under this treatment, the expert takes them out manually or uses a tool called a comedone extractor.
Getting your face or other body parts like before after having acne may take various moments of patience and encouragement. The remedies for acne scars may take several weeks or months to bring effective results. Nevertheless, the correct solution can help get rid of your skin disease. It can also help prevent future outbreaks. Reach out to a dermatologist if you observe no improvement. He or she may look for a more powerful remedy for your skin condition.
What are natural treatments for pimples?
Zits can be frustrating. They commonly occur in the teenage years and the twenties or thirties. However, such a skin condition can affect you at any age. Various factors can result in causing acne, including genetics, diet, lifestyle choices, stress levels, and environmental triggers like pollution.
Nevertheless, here are some home remedies that can help get rid of this skin disease-
Coconut Oil and Sugar
Sugar has antibacterial and peeling characteristics. These properties help break up and remove the lifeless cells from the skin surface. On the other hand, coconut oil relieves swelling and irritation caused by pimples. Follow these steps to use them for acne-
- Add two tablespoons of sugar to a teaspoon of coconut oil and make a scrub.
- Afterward, use the blend on your face or other affected body parts to remove acne scars.
- Rinse it off after 30-40 minutes.
Lemon Juice and Honey
Honey has germ-destroying characteristics, which helps get rid of acne-causing bacteria. On the other hand, lemon juice also has antibacterial properties with humidifying effects. The blend of both these kitchen ingredients can defeat the severity and symptoms of your skin disease. Use it in the following way-
- Mix some lemon juice in a little amount of raw honey.
- Use the mixture to your face or other damaged parts for about 30 minutes.
- Rinse them off with water.
It has an excellent percentage of fiber. Besides helping in eliminating excess toxins from the body, oatmeal eases off the swelling. Moreover, the germ-destroying properties of oats shape it into a successful remedy for pimples. Try the following way to use oats for zits-
- Use it to your face or other body parts where acne is present.
- Leave it for about 15-20 minutes.
- Rinse it off with lukewarm water.
Apple Cider Vinegar (ACV)
It has a range of medicinal characteristics. Apple cider vinegar stabilizes the uneven pH levels of your skin caused by pimples. Moreover, this remedy for acne scars also regulates sebum production on your skin.
It has the germ and fungi-destroying features, which can fight the acne-causing bacteria, which reside under your skin. In addition, baking soda can also clear up the blocked hair follicles. Try using it in the following way for zits-
- Blend some baking soda with water.
- Make a paste and use it to your face; you can use a flat foundation brush for convenience.
- Clean it off with warm water.
This ingredient has a good percentage of antioxidants, which can take a stand against radicals developed over skin surface with time, resulting in wrinkles and fine lines. However, drinking green tea can lend a hand in eradicating the toxins. Ultimately, it reduces pimples. You can use green tea to your face or other affected parts with a cotton ball or drink it two times regularly.
This herb contains disinfecting properties. Besides fighting the acne-causing bacteria, cinnamon helps relieve the swelling on the skin surface. In addition, it also adjusts sebum production, which usually results in blackheads and chokes the pores. Overall, it can help remove acne scars.
- Mix a small amount of cinnamon powder with a little quantity of honey.
- You can also make a paste by blending it with lemon juice.
- Use this mixture to your face and other damaged body parts.
- Rinse it away after about half an hour.
Is it possible to prevent pimples?
Some factors make acne worse. Conversely, avoiding and adding certain things to your lifestyle can help ease the condition and make your skin better. Following are some preventive measures for zits-
- Wash your face at least two times a day; you can also use a gentle cleanser once or twice.
- Cut off sugary items from your diet.
- Wash your make-up properly before going to sleep at night.
- Choose your make-up products very carefully.
Skin diseases such as acne can result in emotional trauma. Besides hurting your face or the parts where they occur, pimples and their scars can also hurt your inner-self. Therefore, do not delay consulting with a dermatologist if your condition is severe and don’t go away with home remedies. He or she may rule out your culprit can look for effective remedies for acne scars.